Usually a currency futures contract is priced in U.S. dollars per unit of another currency. The purpose of a currency future — or an ‘FX future’ — is to set a contract for the exchange of one currency for another currency at a specific point in time at a fixed price.
Currency Futures Markets
Currency Futures News Articles
- Aussie slides to three-month low against greenback (12/4/2013) - The Australian dollar plunged to its three-month low against the world's reserve currency on Wednesday after the country's gross domestic product was lower than economists' projections, according to Bloomberg.
- Aussie slips toward five-year low against kiwi (12/3/2013) - The Australian dollar was nearing its lowest value in five years against the monetary unit of New Zealand on Tuesday as policy makers with the central bank of Australia prepared to meet, according to Bloomberg.
- Won slides against greenback after release of strong U.S. manufacturing data (12/3/2013) - The South Korean won lost value on Tuesday against the world's reserve currency as speculation mounted that the U.S. Federal Reserve is preparing to taper economy-spurring monetary stimulus measures as a result of stronger economic data , according to Bloomberg.
- Aussie pushes ahead against greenback (12/2/2013) - The Australian dollar rose on the first trade session of December against the world's reserve currency after economic data released by the South Pacific nation indicated building approvals fell less than projected, according to Bloomberg.
- Yen slips against greenback, euro after Chinese manufacturing data climbs (12/2/2013) - The Japanese yen marked a fourth-straight day of losses on Monday against the world's reserve currency after China released economic data noting manufacturing advanced last month, according to Bloomberg.
- Euro pushes ahead against dollar, yen after German pact (11/27/2013) - The shared currency of the European Union climbed to its highest level in more than four years against the Japanese yen on Wednesday, pushed higher by an agreement between lawmakers in Germany, the largest economy in the euro zone, according to Bloomberg.
- Yen notches first gains in four days against greenback (11/26/2013) - The Japanese yen marked its first climb in four days on Tuesday against the world's reserve currency after Bank of Japan minutes from last month's policy meeting indicated members of the policy are concerned about the Pacific Rim nation's economic outlook, Bloomberg reports.
- Yen loses value against U.S. dollar, shared currency (11/25/2013) - The Japanese yen dove toward its lowest value in six months against the world's reserve currency after negotiators notched a pact over Iran's nuclear ambitions, Bloomberg reports.
- Yen dips to four month low against greenback (11/22/2013) - The Japanese yen fell to its lowest rate in 120 days on Friday against the world's reserve currency after the Bank of Japan governor said the body he leads will work to minimize long-term yields' growth, according to Bloomberg.
- Euro climbs after German business confidence rises (11/22/2013) - The common currency of the European Union advanced to its four-year height on Friday against the Japanese yen after a gauge of German business confidence climbed to its highest rate since early last year, Bloomberg reports.