As a futures trader, it is critical to understand exactly what your potential risk and reward will be in monetary terms on any given trade. Use our Futures Calculator to quickly establish your potential profit or loss on a futures trade. This easy-to-use tool can be used to help you figure out what you could potentially make or lose on a trade or determine where to place a protective stop-loss order/limit order to capture your profit. Read tips for how to use the futures calculator below.
Subscribe To The Blog
Start your calculation
Hypothetical Order Information
Profit or Loss Results
Futures Market Details
|Select a Market Above|
|Delivery Month Symbol Key||Jan=F, Feb=G, Mar=H, Apr=J, May=K, Jun=M, Jul=N, Aug=Q, Sep=U, Oct=V, Nov=X, Dec=Z|
|Price Format Example|
|Minimum Tick Fluctuation/Value||/|
How to use the Futures Calculator
- Select the desired futures market by clicking the drop-down menu.
- Choose the appropriate market type, either Bullish (Going Long) or Bearish (Going Short).
- Enter your entry and exit prices. (Each market price format is unique, so please refer to the “Price Format Example” provided in the information section to ensure the correct calculation)
- Enter the number of futures contracts.
- Click the “Calculate” button to determine your specific profit or loss in ticks/points and USD$.
STOP ORDERS DO NOT NECESSARILY LIMIT YOUR LOSS TO THE STOP PRICE BECAUSE STOP ORDERS, IF THE PRICE IS HIT, BECOME MARKET ORDERS AND, DEPENDING ON MARKET CONDITIONS, THE ACTUAL FILL PRICE CAN BE DIFFERENT FROM THE STOP PRICE. IF A MARKET REACHED ITS DAILY PRICE FLUCTUATION LIMIT, A "LIMIT MOVE", IT MAY BE IMPOSSIBLE TO EXECUTE A STOP LOSS ORDER.