“The Swine Times” newsletter is designed to help participants in the pork complex understand and trade the futures markets. Our intention is to fundamentally inform and trade based off the information we have.
We will recommend outright directional trades as well as spread trades to take advantage of arbitrage within the futures curve. If you would like to follow our recommendations, specifically spread trade ideas, we highly suggest that you read the Basics of Futures Spread Trading.
The Goals of The Swine Times are:
- To be a reliable source for market information on the live animal futures market as well as the pork product market.
- To act as an informative source for analysis on how the hog and pork daily changes impact the market from a fundamental standpoint.
- To provide notices of government reports coming out that are relevant to the pork industry. We will give analysis of these reports and how the information will impact the cash hog and pork markets as well as the live hog futures market.
- To bring attention of outside events, weather, political or overseas changes that are going to impact the pork complex and how best to protect your business.
- To recommend trades that fit within our clients’ risk profile.
We focus on the pork product market and how price changes for the pork processor and retail cuts affect the way the packer operates his plants. We analyze what those changes mean to the hog producer.
Current up to date pork export information and the outlook on exports going forward are provided.
What Makes The Swine Times Unique From Other Pork Industry Newsletters?
- We have insight from contributors that have over 30 years of inside the industry experience working for some of the largest meat packers in the world.
- A working knowledge of converting and upgrading pork cuts that can only come from people that have worked inside the industry.
- Why packers do what they do. We analyze what they are doing from a perspective that can only come from years of working inside the industry and inside the conference rooms where the decisions are made.
Start Your Free Subscription to The Swine Times