“As a commodity futures broker, I strive every day to provide my clients with the 3 core traits below. These key service features define my brokerage services, and are at the heart of all my client relationships.”
“I have been a futures broker for 23 years. Like many others in this business, I started working on the trading floor as a runner. I was eventually promoted to an office position where I worked directly with a 35-year trading veteran and former chairman of the Chicago Board of Trade. This in-depth training was the foundation of my futures industry education. Over the years, my development as a broker and trader has continued to evolve, always building on new lessons and experiences.”
“As a graduate of the University of Chicago, a triathlete and marathon runner, I understand the dedication and discipline it takes to be successful. My commitment to professionalism is reflected in every interaction with my clients.”
“Over the years, I have spent countless hours researching and studying the markets. Along with premium trade execution, I use my extensive knowledge of technical analysis to assist my clients in developing their own trading strategies. I also publish two daily trading newsletters, Swing Trader’s Insight and Trade or Fade. Lastly, I write articles on trading that I think would be of value to my clients and to the trading public in general. A list of my educational writing can be found here.
I encourage you to explore this website and discover more about my brokerage services and trading products. If experience, professionalism and insight are three qualities that you are looking for ina broker, then I am confident that you will be well served as my client.”
About Scott Hoffman
Scott graduated from the University of Chicago in 1986 with a degree in Economics. After graduation, Scott worked on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange then moved upstairs, serving as the personal broker to a former chairman of the Chicago Board of Trade. There, he worked as a broker and margin manager, starting up the firm’s full service brokerage division.
Today, Scott serves as an educator and mentor for new traders, and as a trading partner and ally for experienced traders. The breadth and depth of Scott’s knowledge make him the “go to guy” for both retail and institutional traders.
Scott also publishes two futures advisories, Swing Trader’s Insight and Trade or Fade. He also writes the futures trading blog at www.futuresinsightblog.com. Scott has written articles for a number of futures publications and has done numerous futures trading seminars, including seminars for both the CBOT and CME.
Scott offers his customers the knowledge he has gained from his more than 25 years of experience in the futures business. Scott is accepting new clients at this time.
Scott lives in suburban Chicago with his wife and three children. In his free time he enjoys coaching his children’s sports and various other athletic activities.
What is Swing Trader’s Insight?
Swing Trader’s Insight (STI) is a daily email that offers powerful insights to help your trading. It is a group of pattern recognition algorithms, designed to give you a “roadmap” to the markets.
STI can give you:
- Clues to potential breakout moves
- Knowledge about whether a trend is likely to continue or reverse
- Insight as to the next day’s directional bias is likely to be
- Study the charts, pointing out favorable formations and setups
How was Swing Trader’s Insight developed?
I have spent years studying the works of many traders such as Linda Raschke, Larry Connors, and George Douglas Taylor and have distilled what I have learned down to the Swing Trader’s Insight. STI is invaluable for novice to experienced traders. For the new trader, it is an effective educational tool, helping the new trader learn how to read charts and spot opportunities. For the experienced trader, STI is a concise source of information to both spotlight potential trades and help time your entries and exits.
What do you get with Swing Trader’s Insight?
STI followers get the following:
- A nightly setup sheet that highlights setups for the following session, and gives times for reports and potentially market moving events for the following day.
- A morning “watch list” that highlights overnight developments and potential trades.
- Trade and trade management updates, giving specific entry and exit prices, and then managing trades once entered.
- Chart example and analysis emails, to illustrate trading concepts.
- Frequent educational web seminars.
Subscribe to Swing Trader’s Insight
If you are not a client, please feel free to choose from the following subscription levels:
Writings from Scott Hoffman
Essential Guide for Futures Swing Trading
Improve your swing trading skills and become aware of trends and new potential opportunities in the futures markets with Scott’s guide to Swing Trading Futures.
- The six indicators used to spot potential breakouts
- Specific techniques for trading breakout days
- Guidelines for determining “buy” and “sell short” days
- My process for managing and exiting trades
- My methods for setting trade objectives
Guide to Trade or Fade
The Trade or Fade user’s guide is a concise reference to understanding the Trade or Fade methodologies.
- The specific chart patterns used to signal breakout setups in the futures markets
- Where to enter trades in futures markets with breakout setups
- Stop placement for risk management
- Where to take profits on breakout trades
- How the ToF support and resistance numbers can be used to trade markets that consolidate after a big move
The ToF user’s guide will clearly show you the “hows and the whys” of breakout futures trading, in easy to understand language. Sign up for your free copy of the Trade or Fade guide and learn how you can begin to implement the simple but powerful trading methods.
Guide to Online Futures Trading
The popularity of online futures trading has exploded, and there are countless choices of online trading platforms and brokerage firms to trade futures. With so many choices, trying to figure out the best arrangement for your success can be an overwhelming process
I’ve worked with hundreds of futures traders to help them find a platform that suits them best then helped them learn how to utilize a platform to give them the best odds for success. I hear the same questions over and over, so I wrote this guide to help online futures traders make the right choices.
In this information-packed guide you’ll learn:
- How online trading works and ways your setup can help (or hurt!) you
- Which platform features are important and which aren’t! (The answers may surprise you!)
- That your choice of trading platform can affect your bottom line
- Futures specific trading issues that all online futures traders must know
- Tricks to using your trading platform that can improve your trading results
- How to optimize your computer for online futures trading
- How your choice of brokerage firm can be critical to your trading success
- When not to be “Penny wise and Pound foolish” with your trading arrangement
Whether you’re a novice to futures or a veteran trader, this guide contains information that all futures traders need to know. Learn how you can increase your odds of online trading success and avoid the pitfalls that doom unwary traders.
Futures for Stock Traders
Written for stock traders who want to learn about trading futures, this comprehensive guide will help you learn the basics of trading futures and commodities.
- A detailed breakdown of futures trading
- Some potential advantages of futures over stocks
- An in-depth look at futures versus ETFs
- How futures accounting works
- Leverage in futures
- Ways to participate in futures
Plus, you’ll get links and ideas for resources to learn more about these dynamic markets. Get this guide today to jumpstart your futures education.
Articles Written by Scott Hoffman
I’m dedicated to working with my clients to help them improve their trading results.
The internet means it’s easier and timelier to deliver information, and allows you to learn and follow on your own terms, at your convenience. To get information and ideas disseminated, you can choose from the following:
Futures Insight Blog
This is my primary conduit for futures trading lessons and market analysis. You can see real time chart examples and analysis for implementing the trading methods I use for swing Trader’s Insight and Trade or Fade.
I also write on other trade related topics I think can help you, and on occasion I’ll provide links to other writings of interest. I stick to what’s important; you won’t get stories about my dog or the weather.
Visit the blog at www.futuresinsightblog.com and don’t forget to bookmark it!
This mailing list will provide you with notification of new blog postings, upcoming webinars, and other special offers, all delivered to your email inbox. Sign up here for this mailing list for immediate notification of timely information to assist your trading.
Contact Me Directly
Have a question or comment for me? Interested in opening an account? Contact me here:
|Mailing Address:||100 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60606