This Week In Grain
About This Week in Grain
Published by senior broker, John Payne, This Week in Grain (T.W.I.G.) is a weekly grain and oilseed commentary newsletter designed to keep grain market participants on the cutting edge, so they can hedge or speculate with more confidence and precision. T.W.I.G is designed for those needing a weekly road map for the grain markets in order to stay better informed and educated. Readers will find John Payne’s combination of passion and knowledge of the grain markets will bring a new outlook and attitude to the individual goals every participant wants to accomplish.
My goal for T.W.I.G. is to be your go-to source for grain marketing information, planning and educational tools.
T.W.I.G. Covers Corn, Soybeans, Wheat, Cattle & Cotton
Readers Can Expect:
- Fundamental and technical analysis of the grain and oilseed markets, along with historical seasonal trend analysis that will give readers a clear and concise perspective of where the market has been and could be headed
- A schedule containing relevant report release dates and times along with highlighted market moving events from outside the world of agriculture to keep readers aware of where and when to pay attention
- A focus on education and “out of the box” thinking. Readers can expect to learn new and innovative ways to participate in the markets. This will include explanations and introduction of options and futures positions to help producers apply what they read to their own situation
- T.W.I.G Notes: Intra-week updates containing any appropriate data that readers will need to know, such as:
- Interpretations of relevant USDA, NASS and private analyst reports
- Updates on market moving events from the front lines of the grain markets
- Reviews on recently published trade and hedge ideas
- The ability to contact the editor for one on one education and explanation, in order to help establish their own personal plan
About the Author
John Payne is a Senior Futures & Options Broker and Market Strategist with Daniels Trading. He is the publisher of the grain focused newsletter called This Week in Grain. He has been working as a series 3 registered broker since 2008.
John graduated from the University of Iowa with a degree in economics. After school, John embarked on a 4 year career with the United States Navy. It was during two tours in Iraq and the Persian Gulf where John realized how important commodities are to the survival of society as we know it. It was this understanding that brought about John’s curiosity in commodities. Upon his honorable discharge in 2007, John’s intense interest in the world of commodities inspired him to move to Chicago and pursue his passion in a career in the futures arena.