Education can play a vital role in your success as a trader.
We place a high priority on trader education. And, as part of our commitment to our clients, we provide a variety of educational tools to assist you in gaining an in-depth understanding of both the decision-making and the trade execution process involved in commodity trading. Whether you are an experienced commodity trader or new to futures trading, we offer something for you in the comprehensive list of educational tools below.
Explore our comprehensive list of educational tools.
- CME Energy Videos Delve Into the Energy Futures Markets With The CME Group’s Director of Education, Pete Mulmat! Senior Broker Andrew Pawielski sits down Pete Mulmat and discusses the ins and outs of the energy sector!
- CME Group Resource Center Whether you’re looking for new trading opportunities or a capital efficient way to manage portfolio risk, futures and options on futures offer a wide array of products to accomplish either objective. Start today by watching CME Group's top 5 reasons why traders come to the futures markets.
- Futures Trading Glossary This glossary was compiled by the CME from a number of sources to help you understand commonly used terms in the futures industry. The definitions are not intended to state or suggest the correct legal significance of any word or phrase. The sole purpose of this compilation is to foster a better understanding of the futures market.
- Guides Download our free guides and ebooks covering futures trading tips and strategies, ag marketing, hedging and more!
- Futures Trading and You We believe there are three things every investor should consider prior to participating in the commodity futures markets. The videos below are intended to give you insight into these highly important topics. If you are interested in trading futures, we urge you to watch each video and explore how “risk/reward”, “gaining knowledge” and “choosing your commitment” are relevant to your own investing experience - you’ll be glad you did.
- Futures & Options 101 If you’re a newcomer to the futures markets and want a quick introduction to futures and options, these lessons will get you started learning what you need to know.
- Futures & Options Strategy Guide Using futures and options, whether separately or in combination, can offer countless trading opportunities. This guide provides 25 commodity trading strategies as a starting point.
- Khan Academy Tutorials
- Markets Access a variety of free information and resources to help you trade the futures markets. Browse through the list of contracts to find the latest information, including history, contract specifications, market news and more.
- Technical Analysis Learning Center This comprehensive portion of our web site contains detailed explanations of the most widely used technical indicators. Over 31 techniques used by traders worldwide are defined.
- Key Market Report Definitions Definitions of key financial/economic reports, metals market reports, energy market reports, grain/oilseed reports, livestock reports, softs reports and weather models.
- Commitments of Traders Report Explanation COT Reports are frequently referenced in market research and analysis, but how exactly can you use them in your trading?
In addition to providing excellent educational resources, we have a great deal of experience supporting futures trading educators and their students. In the past, we have provided brokerage services to graduates of futures trading courses from Ken Roberts, Larry Williams, Don Fishback, Paul Judd, George Angell and George Fontanills, to name just a few.