- New covid strain…I have a feeling it is always going to be “something” with this virus. This isn’t necessarily bearish though given the market anticipation for more stimulus whenever bad news pops up.
- China sells out of corn in yesterday’s auction (via Pro Farmer)
- US congress passes 900 billion dollar stimulus package. US ethanol and bio fuel producers are winners as they will enjoy new tax benefits. The trade is starting to believe Biden will be friendly to US farmers over US oil producers. The stimulus package definitely pushes low carbon use.
- Export inspections remain on fire across the board. USDA is expected to raise demand in coming USDA reports.
- Argentina port strikes continue. Wheat delays are now being reported.
- Soybean oil makes a new 7 year high in the overnight. Edible oil markets demand is fantastic while supply is being rationed (see Russia sunflower oil)
- N/C Brazil will receive a good amount of rainfall over the coming two weeks. Argentina remains dry.
The StoneX Group Inc. group of companies provides financial services worldwide through its subsidiaries, including physical commodities, securities, exchange-traded and over-the-counter derivatives, risk management, global payments and foreign exchange products in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdictions where services are provided. References to over-the-counter (“OTC”) products or swaps are made on behalf of StoneX Markets LLC (“SXM”), a member of the National Futures Association (“NFA”) and provisionally registered with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (“CFTC”) as a swap dealer. SXM’s products are designed only for individuals or firms who qualify under CFTC rules as an ‘Eligible Contract Participant’ (“ECP”) and who have been accepted as customers of SXM. StoneX Financial Inc. (“SFI”) is a member of FINRA/NFA/SIPC and registered with the MSRB. SFI does business as Daniels Trading/Top Third/Futures Online. SFI is registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) as a Broker-Dealer and with the CFTC as a Futures Commission Merchant and Commodity Trading Adviser. References to securities trading are made on behalf of the BD Division of SFI and are intended only for an audience of institutional clients as defined by FINRA Rule 4512(c). References to exchange-traded futures and options are made on behalf of the FCM Division of SFI.
Trading swaps and over-the-counter derivatives, exchange-traded derivatives and options and securities involves substantial risk and is not suitable for all investors. The information herein is not a recommendation to trade nor investment research or an offer to buy or sell any derivative or security. It does not take into account your particular investment objectives, financial situation or needs and does not create a binding obligation on any of the StoneX group of companies to enter into any transaction with you. You are advised to perform an independent investigation of any transaction to determine whether any transaction is suitable for you. No part of this material may be copied, photocopied or duplicated in any form by any means or redistributed without the prior written consent of StoneX Group Inc.
© 2023 StoneX Group Inc. All Rights Reserved