Whether you’re striving to earn a living or working to preserve hard-earned wealth, trading options may be an ideal way to achieve your financial goals. Given proper education and guidance, trading options affords traders a number of advantages conducive to success in the marketplace.
In the dt Pro webinar Trading Options On Futures, Daniels broker Jace Jarboe breaks down the ins and outs of the options trade. From start to finish, watching the webinar is time well spent for anyone interested in using the dt Pro platform to engage the options markets. Jace covers the key aspects of trading options on futures via Daniels Trading’s flagship platform:
- Understanding options quotes
- Unique features for options trading
- Order execution
- Position management
- Integrating options into your trading profile
From a tactical standpoint, options offer the trader a wide variety of possibilities. With the user-friendly interface of dt Pro, taking full advantage of options has never been easier.
dt Pro Webinar Focus: Options on Futures
Similar to a standard futures contract, options allow traders to engage the world’s premier asset classes, from stock indices to agricultural commodities. In the dt Pro Webinar Trading Options On Futures, Jace outlines the key advantages enjoyed by options traders:
- Optimal risk vs. reward for purchased options: For purchased call or put options, a trader’s assumed risk is only the option premium plus transaction fees. This upfront cost structure guarantees that there are no surprises down the road. In addition, purchased options have an unlimited profit potential. Beneficial moves in asset pricing are truly that, with every tick above or below strike representing profit.
- Non-marginable positions: For purchased options, the assumed financial obligation is limited to the premium and fees.
- Availability of leverage: Utilizing increased degrees of leverage above that of standard futures is possible through the use of options.
- Flexibility to sell: One of the biggest upsides to trading derivative products is the ability to be either long or short a market. Options offer this flexibility as well, and dt Pro makes taking short positions routine.
- Strategies for every market state: Options give traders the ability to implement strategies for trending, flat, or volatile markets.
Why dt Pro?
When it comes to trading options, choosing a robust platform is critical to success. Daniels Trading’s dt Pro software suite is an excellent choice for traders seeking to maximize their opportunities in the markets. Featuring direct market access (DMA), live streaming quotes/charts, and lightning fast execution, dt Pro has everything you need to engage options from a position of strength.
Aside from low-latency trade execution and direct market access, Jace hits on a few of the options-specific platform features in this dt Pro webinar:
- Diversity: With dt Pro, you have the ability to trade futures and options on futures from the same user interface.
- Spread trading: Extensive spread trading functionality is supported for both futures and options products.
- Greek analytics: Accurately pricing options contracts is often nothing short of rocket science. Dt Pro helps to address pricing and risk concerns through live Greek values, including delta, gamma, vega, theta, and rho.
- Transparency: As with the trading of futures, market transparency is a vital component to many options trading strategies. With this in mind, dt Pro provides maximum transparency to retail options participants.
Once you’ve watched the fifth entry in our dt Pro webinar collection, we’re confident that you will be able to successfully execute options on futures trades using the dt Pro platform. In fact, you may decide that requesting a free two-week demo is your next move.
Getting Started with Options
If the dt Pro webinar Trading Options On Futures has you pondering the “ifs” of options trading, a conversation with a member of the Daniels team can shed some light on the “hows.” To begin exploring what the futures and options markets can do for you, schedule a free consultation today.