This is a sample of Brian’s email newsletter, The Cullen Outlook.
This is from the Formation Finder portion from May 4th.
To gain access to these charts and all of the trade ideas in full…
sign up for a FREE 30 day trial.
Well what do we have here? A Bullish Hammer in the US Dollar of course!
June US Dollar
Bullish Hammers, as the name suggests, is a signal on a chart that alerts you to be on the lookout for a market that is setting up to reverse and trade higher! I’ve highlighted in yellow this exciting candlestick set up in the chart below.
Here are some characteristics with an image of its appearance:
- It is a reversal formation (ok!)
- It is typically the strongest after a significant move to the downside (check!)
- The Bullish Hammer candle starts with a big move to the downside but the market retraces back to the upside, most often closing positive on the day (check!)
- There is little to no “upper wick” indicating the market failed to trade higher at any point in the trading day (check!)
- This formation is indicating that there was an unsustainable sell-off in the day where buyers quickly took control after a failed attempt by sellers to take the market lower. This price action is what makes the body small and compact near or at the top of the candle with the long tail (check!)
- It is ideal, and generally preferred, when the bottom wick is 2x the size of the “body” of the candle (check!)
- It can be used to signal for traders looking to buy that they should be paying close attention as the downtrend is losing momentum. (will do!)
Have a look:
dt Pro Futures Trading Software Demo and Insider Market Advisory (IMA) Trial
Daniels Trading’s dedication to providing the premier futures trading software was driven by our pursuit to satisfy the needs of active traders and offering a trading platform that would truly set us apart in the industry. The result is our dt Pro.
This material is conveyed as a solicitation for entering into a derivatives transaction.
This material has been prepared by a Daniels Trading broker who provides research market commentary and trade recommendations as part of his or her solicitation for accounts and solicitation for trades; however, Daniels Trading does not maintain a research department as defined in CFTC Rule 1.71. Daniels Trading, its principals, brokers and employees may trade in derivatives for their own accounts or for the accounts of others. Due to various factors (such as risk tolerance, margin requirements, trading objectives, short term vs. long term strategies, technical vs. fundamental market analysis, and other factors) such trading may result in the initiation or liquidation of positions that are different from or contrary to the opinions and recommendations contained therein.
Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance. The risk of loss in trading futures contracts or commodity options can be substantial, and therefore investors should understand the risks involved in taking leveraged positions and must assume responsibility for the risks associated with such investments and for their results.
Trade recommendations and profit/loss calculations may not include commissions and fees. Please consult your broker for details based on your trading arrangement and commission setup.
You should carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances and financial resources. You should read the "risk disclosure" webpage accessed at www.DanielsTrading.com at the bottom of the homepage. Daniels Trading is not affiliated with nor does it endorse any third-party trading system, newsletter or other similar service. Daniels Trading does not guarantee or verify any performance claims made by such systems or service.