Helping Farmers Target Desirable Seasonal Prices and Providing the Tools to Take Advantage in the Cash and Futures Markets
To effectively make sales in our Desired Seasonal Price Zones (DSPZ), farmers must understand how and why the market determines prices for corn, wheat and soybeans. The difference between how we think the market should value grains and oilseeds compared to the actual prices in the cash and futures markets may seem disconnected at times. This is where Turner’s Take Ag Marketing can help you…
All Big Price Moves Happen For A Reason
I’m here to tell you there is a method to the madness and there is a reason for just about every price move. It is my job to tell you:
- Why we think prices are trading at their current levels
- Where we think prices are going
- What are the range of possible prices given different supply and demand scenarios
- When we are wrong, what changed and what is the new outlook.
- When we are right, what happened and where do we think we will be going forward
Here’s What Turner’s Take Ag Marketing Does…
- Explains the factors that are important for the current marketing and production year
- Tells you the likelihood of each scenario
- Estimates the prices for the year
We then take that information and make cash sales and hedging recommendations based on our projected pricing estimates.
Understand Why the Market Has Changed
Do you ever look at the markets and say to yourself “this makes no sense, how did prices get here?”
Do you have a handle on possible prices based on market supply and demand expectations?
Don’t you want to be the farmer who understands why the market has changed rather than the producer who chooses to think the market is wrong but he is right?
Farmers are better equipped to make cash sales and hedging decisions in our Desired Seasonal Price Zones (DSPZ) when they understand all the factors that go into the market and the possible supply and demand scenarios.
Therefore, our goal is to help you better understand how the markets price grain and oilseeds so you can do a better job marketing your crops at desired prices.
Welcome to Turner’s Take Ag Marketing!
Turner’s Take Ag Marketing specializes in helping producers with their risk management in both cash marketing and hedging. With this exclusive set of resources, you’ll have the tools you need to make market moves and have the guidance of a trusted professional every step of the way.
To get started:
- Familiarize yourself with the current state of the market.
- Calculate your cost of production to properly market your grain.
- Use a grain marketing calendar to take advantage of price opportunities year-round.
- Track your sales and hedges to review and forecast your income.
About Craig Turner, Ag Marketing Broker
Craig Turner is a Senior Broker at Daniels Trading, author of Turner’s Take newsletter, and a Contributing Editor for Grain Analyst. He is often quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Dow Jones Newswire, Corn & Soybean Digest, and also makes appearances on SiriusXM – Rural Radio Channel 80 providing commentary for the Grain and Livestock markets. Craig has also been featured in FutureSource’s Fast Break series, Futures Magazine Online, and INO.com. Mr. Turner has a Bachelors from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) where he graduated with honors and has worked at the NYSE and Goldman Sachs. While at Goldman, Craig earned his MBA in the NYU Stern executive program.