dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Wealth Empowerment Guide
Learn how to trade commodity futures and options using funds from an IRA or 401(k)!
Is your IRA parked in some mutual fund, going nowhere? Why not take control? Trade futures direct with a broker, trade online, and even invest in a managed account with a Commodity Trading Advisor. We are here to help!
General Financial News - January 2011
- Oil, metals surge as Mubarak dissolves Egypt government: [2011 Jan 28 04:30 PM] Unprecedented and wide-ranging national protests in Egypt grabbed the attention of the global media this week. Read more
- Egypt confronts a Tunisian situation: [2011 Jan 26 10:02 AM] In the wake of Tunisia's sudden, unexpected popular revolution, autocratic regimes across the Arab world are running scared. Read more
- Cocoa markets disrupted by Ivory Coast ban: [2011 Jan 25 12:00 AM] The Ivory Coast is the world's primary supplier of cocoa beans - and its political turmoil is having a powerful effect on the global market for the chocolate base. Read more
- Food prices played a role in Tunisian government's fall: [2011 Jan 14 02:08 PM] The president of Tunisia, Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali, has been forced out of power after weeks of social unrest - and it seems that high food and commodity prices could have played a role. Read more
- Food crisis looms as commodity prices hit fresh highs: [2011 Jan 06 09:54 AM] As 2011 begins in earnest, the threat of a global food crisis triggered by rising commodity prices and shrinking supplies seems more imminent than ever. Read more
- Crude rises as signs indicate economy strengthens: [2011 Jan 04 07:50 AM] The price of oil traded at its highest value in more than two years in New York as indications dictate the recovery from the economic recession is becoming stronger. Read more
- Markets look up on first trading day of 2011: [2011 Jan 03 06:09 PM] Various stock future indexes increased on the first trading day of the new year, signaling to some that brighter days are ahead as the nation continues emerging from an economic recession. Read more
- Tier 4 laws impose during economic recession: [2011 Jan 03 09:03 AM] As 2011 kicked off this past weekend, so did the Tier 4 laws, which are federal regulations mandating emissions from tractors and equipment dealers now face the challenge of selling machinery that is about 10 percent more expensive during an economic crisis. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY