dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Free eBook — Gold Exposed: Spot Gold versus Gold Futures
Are you interested in trading gold futures but unsure of how to start?
Register for our FREE guide, and learn the ins and outs of the gold markets that will help answer many of your trading questions.
General Financial News - June 2010
- Joint House-Senate committee approves financial regulations: [2010 Jun 25 01:51 PM] Sweeping changes to U.S. financial regulations came one step closer to fruition today, as 20 hours of negotiation between the House and Senate came to a close. Read more
- Fed expected to keep rates low: [2010 Jun 23 01:19 PM] Analysts and experts expect the Federal Reserve to keep interest rates at their record, near-zero low level after a meeting today, says Forbes. Even though the Federal Open Market Committee has been meeting for two days against a turbulent and troubled economic landscape, no one expects much more than a "stay the course" message from their announcement. Read more
- "Circuit breakers" get first test on Washington Post shares: [2010 Jun 17 12:24 PM] New procedures to lock down trading of shares that show erratic or panicked movement got their first test yesterday, when shares of the Washington Post Co. (WPO) spiked to almost $1000, reported Bloomberg on Thursday. Read more
- US stocks feel the housing market's pain: [2010 Jun 16 10:16 AM] US stock markets started lower on Wednesday as a drop in new home construction once again raised concerns that the fragile economic recovery might stall, and the federal government ordered Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to delist from the NYSE. Read more
- BP ratings downgrade could have broad impact on oil industry: [2010 Jun 15 01:37 PM] Fitch Ratings delivered another blow to BP when it announced this morning that it has downgraded the oil company's long-term credit risk from AA to BBB, two steps above "junk." Read more
- Greek bonds fall but stock futures aim to rise: [2010 Jun 15 09:35 AM] Equities investors appeared to shrug off the news of Greece's downgrade to "junk" bond status on Tuesday morning as U.S. stock market futures trended up, reported Bloomberg. Read more
- Brazilian indicators mixed ahead of major Petrobras sale next week: [2010 Jun 11 03:04 PM] A number of economic indicators, including currency and stock market futures contracts, gave different signals as traders awaited Petroleo Brasileiro's sale of shares worth approximately $25 billion next week. The state-run oil company, more commonly known as Petrobras, is planning what Bloomberg says is the biggest share sale in the Western Hemisphere in at least a decade. Read more
- United States retakes top spot in investor confidence from emerging markets: [2010 Jun 08 11:18 AM] A survey of Bloomberg subscribers found that emerging markets no longer represent the most attractive investment destination for investors and analysts, signalling a change in sentiment from the year's start. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY