dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Receive Your FREE Grain Futures eBook
Download “Inside the Grain & Oilseed Markets” today!
Whether you are new to the agricultural commodities industry or a seasoned trader, it is important to have a solid understanding of the markets to assist you and your trading strategies. From its unique specifications to its key fundamentals, learn how this important sector came to be.
General Financial News
- Trade deficit of U.S. dropped to lowest in three-plus years in June: [2012 Aug 10 12:16 PM] The U.S. trade deficit during the month of June closed more than forecast as crude oil prices fell the most in more than three years. Read more
- G-7 leaders' teleconference underscores importance of tackling debt crisis: [2012 Jun 06 06:37 AM] The world's seven financially healthiest nations will advocate for the euro zone countries victimized by the voracious sovereign debt crisis, according to those nations' leaders who partook in the Tuesday teleconference. Read more
- Greek deal pushes up commodities: [2012 Feb 22 09:01 AM] In addition to good will for a certain nation surrounded by the Aegean, Ionian and Mediterranean seas, the commodities complex also benefited from a debt deal approved by finance ministers to stave off a euro zone nation's impending default on financial obligations. Read more
- Potential shortages seen across commodity sector: [2011 Mar 23 08:30 AM] Analysts expect to see shortages of a wide variety of commodities in the next year - and investors are pricing in the possible gaps between supply and demand. Read more
- Crude falls after Japanese quake: [2011 Mar 11 10:23 AM] A massive earthquake slammed the eastern coast of Japan, registering 8.9 on the Richter scale and killing as many as 300 people, according to Japanese authorities. Read more
- Chaos benefits hedges over basic materials: [2011 Mar 09 02:46 PM] As the fighting between Libyan revolutionaries and the regime of Colonel Muammar Gadhafi intensifies, the world is paying more attention than ever to available supplies of crude oil and other key commodities. Read more
- Precious metal futures fluctuate as Libyan protests intensify: [2011 Mar 08 07:23 AM] Gold futures were hovering near even strength Tuesday morning as investors sought to lock in gains from the precious metal's recent rallies. Read more
- Hogs, cattle futures slip: [2011 Mar 07 04:02 PM] Demand for U.S. pork is slipping while supplies of the commodity are increasing, pushing down hog futures. Read more
- Crude oil movements underpin markets: [2011 Mar 02 11:08 AM] As the lifeblood of the modern economy, oil is a vitally important commodity for every market in the world. Read more
- Oil, food and metal - all getting more expensive: [2011 Feb 24 02:13 PM] The prices of a tank of gasoline, a loaf of bread and a gold coin are likely to rise in the coming weeks. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY