dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: The Future of Natural Gas in the U.S.
Are you interested in the Energy futures market? Sign up and receive our detailed report today!
Through our exclusive research, you will have access to current global events and price projections that may help you learn how this particular market has the potential to be a strong investment as a commodity.
Futures Market News - May 2010
- Hurricane projections give commodity prices a boost: [2010 May 29 03:00 AM] Commodity prices, especially those involving energy, reportedly jumped Thursday in response to U.S. government predictions that this summer will feature a highly active hurricane season. Read more
- China reassures markets on euro: [2010 May 28 03:00 AM] In a potentially significant development for investors in currency futures, China has indicated that it plans to hold on to its bond holdings from the euro zone. Read more
- Euro uncertainties revived on Spain downgrade: [2010 May 27 07:49 PM] Currency futures may remain a shaky proposition in the coming months amid renewed doubts about the euro's long-term prospects. Read more
- U.S. seen as maintaining credit rating for now: [2010 May 27 07:48 PM] Investors who are interested in 30-year Treasury bond futures can take heart from a recent report by Moody's indicating that the U.S. is in little danger of losing its AAA credit rating in the short term. Read more
Busy hurricane season could impact energy futures:
[2010 May 27 04:41 PM] Those who plan to invest in energy futures in the coming weeks may be interested to know that the U.S. government is calling for an "active to extremely active" Atlantic hurricane season in 2010.
- Bond investors should keep eye on deficit in the coming years: [2010 May 27 03:00 AM] For decades, 30-year Treasury bond futures have been an attractive option to investors drawn by the creditworthiness and stability of the U.S. government. Read more
- Projected economic growth could be an indicator of commodity trends: [2010 May 26 09:03 AM] People who are looking for commodity trading advice may want to consider taking a look at projected economic growth figures for various parts of the world, since this can help offer a preview of future demand for various materials. Read more
- U.S., China cooperating on certain financial issues: [2010 May 26 09:03 AM] In a piece of potentially significant futures news, investors may have more reasons than ever to keep an eye on Chinese economic activity in light of recent cooperation between Beijing and the United States. Read more
- Yuan hit by euro zone debt concerns: [2010 May 25 03:58 PM] Chinese currency futures have not been immune from growing worldwide concern about the euro zone and its financial prospects. Read more
- Stable gas supplies suggest prices unlikely to spike: [2010 May 25 03:00 AM] Natural gas futures have reportedly been falling in recent days due to stable supplies as well as a significant increase in U.S. drilling activity. Read more
- Chinese economy seen as impacting commodities: [2010 May 25 03:00 AM] Investors in commodities futures may want to keep an eye on the Chinese economy as they decide which, if any, materials will present solid opportunities in the coming months. Read more
- Economists expect dollar to maintain strength: [2010 May 24 11:56 AM] A recent survey of economists is predicting that the U.S. dollar will remain relatively strong in the coming months as opposed to quickly shedding its recent gains against the euro. Read more
Market conditions hand oil prices a setback:
[2010 May 20 02:05 PM] Oil futures appear to be losing momentum for investors this week in light of renewed concern about the economic recovery, both in the U.S. and overseas.
- Rare metals becoming increasingly important in energy world: [2010 May 18 07:06 AM] An increasingly important thing to consider when investing in commodities will be whether a given material is needed for the manufacture of clean energy products and other emerging technologies. Read more
- Economy looking up for livestock producers: [2010 May 18 07:06 AM] Despite ongoing uncertainty in the economy, now may be a time to consider investing in livestock futures given the generally favorable conditions being cited by government officials. Read more
- Euro concerns take toll on commodities: [2010 May 18 05:39 AM] Commodities have been on the upswing in recent weeks because of rising manufacturing activity around the world. However, that momentum was stalled this week by growing concern about debt problems in Greece and other European nations. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY