dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Free eBook — Gold Exposed: Spot Gold versus Gold Futures
Are you interested in trading gold futures but unsure of how to start?
Register for our FREE guide, and learn the ins and outs of the gold markets that will help answer many of your trading questions.
Soft Futures - October 2011
- Coffee futures drop after strong performance as investors eye euro zone leaders: [2011 Oct 25 12:25 PM] Coffee futures were diving hard on Tuesday, backing off their highest values in 30 days as investors and traders became jittery in anticipation of Wednesday's euro zone meeting to put the final touches on the region's emergency bailout fund. Read more
- Sugar set for a major drop with record crops: [2011 Oct 21 12:25 PM] Traders expect to see a major drop in sugar futures in coming weeks as the market prepares for a glut of the soft commodity. Read more
- Sugar futures slip amid delays in Thailand: [2011 Oct 19 10:42 AM] Sugar is flooding the market but the sweetener will run into difficulty penetrating the European Union due to trade barriers 48 hours after notching its top price in 30 days. Read more
- Cocoa's future to be impacted by climate change, nonprofit states: [2011 Oct 14 11:24 AM] Climate change is a serious threat to the future of cocoa because the West African nations that lead production of the soft commodity will see their average temperature is projected to rise two degrees Celsius in less than 40 years, according to an agricultural nonprofit. Read more
- Cotton futures dip after U.S. forecasts increased harvest: [2011 Oct 12 04:15 PM] Increased crop forecasts pushed down cotton futures their highest amount in nearly 21 days of trading on Wednesday. Read more
- Cocoa futures set to rebound from 7.3 percent losses during past month: [2011 Oct 11 06:40 AM] Cocoa futures increased Tuesday amid conjectures that the soft commodity's losses of more than 7 percent in value during the past month were overdone. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY