dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Futures Traders’ Guide to the WASDE
Improve Your Understanding of the Grain Markets!
With this guide, you will learn how to use these fundamental reports to forecast the price of Corn, Soybeans and Wheat. Now that the markets are open during the release of the WASDE, understanding how this very important USDA report can impact the markets is as critical as ever.
Soft Futures - September 2010
- Forecasts project rain for thirsty Brazilian coffee crop, but futures surge: [2010 Sep 28 03:49 PM] A forecaster in Brazil says that coffee crops across the southeastern Brazilian states of Sao Paulo and Minas Gerais will get rain during the next few days, while hailstorms look unlikely. Read more
- Cotton futures grow as traders see tight supply: [2010 Sep 24 02:49 PM] Demand continues to exceed supply in global cotton markets, driving commodity futures brokers and traders to bid up the price of cotton futures contracts. Read more
- Cocoa prices slide as Côte d'Ivoire supply increases: [2010 Sep 22 04:16 PM] Cocoa futures dropped on Wednesday after farmers in Côte d'Ivoire delivered more cocoa beans to the country's ports than forecasters had projected. Read more
- Cotton hits 15-year high as supplies look tight: [2010 Sep 21 03:06 PM] Flooding in Pakistan, heavy rains in China and a possible export embargo from India all contributed to the spike in cotton prices Tuesday. Read more
- Coffee prices fall as rains reassure Brazilian coffee farms : [2010 Sep 21 11:12 AM] Coffee farms in Brazil had feared that a long spell of hot, dry weather might damage their crop, but forecasters are projecting rain for the next week across the state of Sao Paulo and Minas Gerais. Read more
- Cotton futures surge in Monday trading: [2010 Sep 20 02:26 PM] The price of cotton jumped on Monday, driven by severe shortages in Pakistan and a steadily growing global demand for the fiber. Read more
- Sugar futures gain as Pakistan struggles: [2010 Sep 16 02:54 PM] flood-stricken nation of Pakistan is struggling to feed and shelter refugees from the terrible floods which have washed away homes, fields and roads across the provinces of Punjabh and Sindh. Read more
- Heavy rains weigh on Brazil's infrastructure, raise sugar prices: [2010 Sep 10 12:57 PM] It's a story depressingly familiar to to sugar futures brokers - bad weather in Brazil means the key ports in Santos and Paranagua lock up, raising the price of sugar as the supplies of the sweetener get tighter. Heavy rains and growing container traffic mean that vessels trying to load this month will have to wait 29 days before they load sugar - a record delay, Bloomberg News reports. Read more
- Consumer foods giant investing in palm oil alternative : [2010 Sep 08 02:21 PM] Palm oil is a necessary ingredient in a wide variety of consumer products, from food to soaps. Yet it generates its fair share of controversy; naturally harvested palm oil has been linked to deforestation in Indonesia and Malaysia, and its price is linked to sometimes-volatile commodity markets. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY