dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: TAS Live Room FREE VIP Pass
Enjoy interactive training on Market Profile®, volume analysis & the TAS Tools indicator package!
Daniels Trading is rolling out the red carpet for you. With your complimentary VIP Pass, you’ll enjoy access to the popular TAS Live Room. Your VIP Pass provides admittance to the next Tuesday morning live training session (8:30am-10:30am CT, Chicago).
Soft Futures - October 2010
- Cotton futures recover somewhat as Chinese supply falters: [2010 Oct 29 02:31 PM] Cotton futures staged a slight recovery after crashing down from record highs earlier in the week. Shortly after breaking through to a record $1.305 per pound on Tuesday, the fiber dropped off precipitously. Read more
- Hailstorm damage pushes cotton futures close to a record high: [2010 Oct 22 05:19 PM] Violent hailstorms swept the Midwest, damaging crops and properties and raising the prices of afflicted agricultural commodities. Read more
- Sugar futures retreat as Brazil port loading speeds up: [2010 Oct 21 04:52 PM] One of the most persistent bottlenecks in the sugar industry supply chain is the Brazilian port infrastructure, which routinely forces more than 100 vessels to queue off of the coast of South America, waiting to load sugar. Read more
- Americans' morning cuppa about to get more expensive: [2010 Oct 21 08:59 AM] Anyone who counts on a cup of hot brewed coffee, an espresso or an icy Starbucks concoction to get them through the first dark hours of the day will be likely be paying a bit more for their caffeine fix. Read more
- Dollar decline stokes sugar futures: [2010 Oct 20 09:12 AM] After Tuesday's trading saw the dollar reign supreme, pushing commodities futures brokers and traders to unwind their riskier positions, Wednesday brought a more optimistic attitude as the dollar fell. Read more
- Dollar strength hits gold, crude - risk sentiment wanes: [2010 Oct 15 03:25 PM] The rising dollar battered the price of gold futures and crude oil futures, as investors chose to park their money in the greenback and Treasury bills rather than commodity futures. Read more
- Chinese demand, Pakistan shortfall drive cotton futures: [2010 Oct 15 08:39 AM] Cotton futures for December delivery briefly hit a nominal high above 119 cents per pound today, before slipping to 115.02 cents per pound, just above Thursday's settling price of 114.87 cents per pound on the IntercontinentalExchange. Read more
- Cocoa futures rise on Indonesia production concerns: [2010 Oct 13 02:45 PM] Cocoa futures for December 2010 delivery gained 1.281 percent today, rising to $2,887 per metric ton. Read more
- Research shows potential long-term coffee consumption decline: [2010 Oct 12 12:18 PM] Research from the global media intelligence company Mintel shows that in the long term, coffee consumption may decline - at least in the developed world. Read more
- Corn continues surge in the wake of shocking report: [2010 Oct 11 09:59 AM] Corn futures continued to rise on Monday, October 11, driven by fears that falling U.S. crop yields will put pressure on global supplies of the grain. Read more
- Abundant rains aid Vietnam coffee, put pressure on coffee futures: [2010 Oct 07 12:03 PM] Coffee trees need rain to flower and flourish, as the buds become coffee beans before the harvest. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY