dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Insider Market Advisory FREE Trial
Information is power. Gain an edge with daily commodity futures market updates!
With your free trial membership, you’ll receive full access to trade analysis and recommendations for various markets, daily fundamental and technical market overviews, future price outlooks, and more!
- Sugar futures pinched by bets for stronger sales: [2013 May 09 04:05 AM] Sugar futures were slipping on Thursday, dropping to their lowest level in about 90 days amid conjecture about increased sales from the globe's refiners, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Cocoa futures climb after slumping one day prior: [2013 Apr 23 04:09 AM] Speculation about strong sales in the top-growing region was pushing cocoa futures up on Tuesday, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Coffee futures bounce back: [2013 Feb 20 06:51 AM] Arabic coffee futures bounced back on Wednesday as sentiment grew that recent losses for the soft commodity were overdone, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- CameroonÂ cocoa exports climbÂ : [2013 Feb 19 09:25 AM] Shipments of cocoa from a West African nation drove nearly 15 percent higher during the five-month period leading up to the end of this past January as compared to the same period last year, according to the nation's board for the soft commodity. Read more
- Cocoa futures gain as rainfall drops on West Africa: [2013 Feb 13 08:03 AM] Wednesday saw cocoa futures climb in value amid generators of the soft commodity taking action to capitalize on reduced values by enhancing their supplies, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Global cotton harvests forecast to slip: [2013 Feb 12 06:06 AM] Worldwide cotton farmers have cut down on the amount of the soft fiber they are planting, which is causing the largest drop in harvests in more than 20 years, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Cotton futures ride bullish trend: [2013 Jan 28 07:43 AM] Reductions to a global surplus spurred sharp gains for cotton futures on Monday as the soft commodity marked an eighth day of gains during the past nine trading sessions, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Indonesia cocoa shipments poised to fall again in 2012, group says: [2013 Jan 23 06:44 AM] One of the globe's largest exporters of cocoa beans likely dropped shipments for a fourth consecutive year in 2012 because of increased demand issued by local grinders, a growers' group told Bloomberg. Read more
- Cocoa futures slide as crops develop: [2013 Jan 16 05:58 AM] Improved circumstances for crops in West Africa helped draw down cocoa futures on Wednesday, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Cocoa crop in Ivory Coast forecast to benefit from later winds: [2013 Jan 08 02:28 PM] Inclement weather in the globe's top producer of cocoa arrived later this year, which is likely to help crops' growth this harvest. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY