dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Insider Market Advisory FREE Trial
Information is power. Gain an edge with daily commodity futures market updates!
With your free trial membership, you’ll receive full access to trade analysis and recommendations for various markets, daily fundamental and technical market overviews, future price outlooks, and more!
Metal Futures - June 2010
- Gold futures climb as economic worries resurface: [2010 Jun 24 02:20 PM] Concerns about sovereign debt, weak employment and a deflating housing market all helped push the price of gold up today. Gold futures for immediate delivery rose by $12.80 to $1247.60 per troy ounce, off of its earlier record highs but its strongest performance this week. Read more
- Silver futures rise as investors look for alternatives to gold: [2010 Jun 22 03:43 PM] The price of silver futures for immediate delivery rose .24 percent to $18.90 per troy ounce today, beating out gold futures and raising some expectations that silver could continue to perform through this year and on to the next. Read more
- Gold prices hit new record high: [2010 Jun 18 01:08 PM] The price of spot gold hit new record highs Friday, rising nearly 1 percent to break past the $1260 point to trade at $1260.40 per troy ounce, reported Bloomberg. Read more
- Report: Afghanistan may be rich in natural resources: [2010 Jun 14 08:02 PM] Commodities futures may be impacted by media reports indicating that Afghanistan could emerge as a major source of various precious metals and other materials in the coming years. Read more
- Gold retreats from Tuesday's record highs: [2010 Jun 09 10:15 AM] Gold futures for August delivery fell from the record prices they reached on Tuesday as stock markets moved a bit higher in early trading. Read more
- Gold futures could be poised for further gains: [2010 Jun 08 02:19 PM] Investors in gold futures have some potentially difficult choices to make in the coming weeks with the precious metal trading at yet another record level. Read more
- Gold breaks record highs in dollar, euro, pound and Swiss franc: [2010 Jun 08 09:31 AM] Spot gold prices broke through previous highs and smashed records in several currencies during London trading on Tuesday, reaching $1,251.85 per ounce and 1,050.86 euros per ounce. Read more
U.S. manufacturing sector said to be gaining:
[2010 Jun 02 05:30 AM] Investors in commodities futures may be encouraged by recent data showing that the nation's manufacturing sector has been steadily gaining momentum in recent months.
- Improving trucking data bodes well for commodity prices: [2010 Jun 01 06:09 PM] Commodity prices are likely to continue rising in the foreseeable future judging from the ongoing strength being displayed by the trucking industry, which transports a majority of the nation's manufactured goods. Read more
- Gold remains strong on euro worries: [2010 Jun 01 12:56 PM] Investors looking for a traditional safe harbor in light of ongoing jitters in the stock market may want to take a closer look at gold futures. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY