dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Euro/Dollar in a Time of Crisis
Sign up for our FREE report and gain insight about the current global crisis through our extensive research and analysis!
Download this exclusive report as we examine current global events, the present impacts on market prices and volatility, and potential outcomes of the Eurozone crisis.
- Copper futures climb with strong Chinese import, export data: [2013 May 08 06:07 AM] Active trade data from the globe's top consumer helped push copper futures to their top price in about 21 days on Wednesday, spurring speculation about a resumption of strong demand for the base metal, according to Reuters. Read more
- Gold futures edge down as euro zone leaders aim to control fiscal issues: [2013 May 07 06:21 AM] Gold futures on Tuesday were slumping amid indications that leaders in the debt-hobbled euro zone are set to implement efforts to control the fiscal crisis, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Gold demonstrates volatility yet headed toward weekly gains: [2013 Apr 26 07:09 AM] Increased demand prompted by weak U.S. gross domestic product data from the first quarter of the year prompted gold futures to surge on Friday as the yellowish metal barreled toward achieving its biggest weekly gain in about two years, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Copper futures reverse three straight days of losses: [2013 Apr 24 07:22 AM] Copper futures were increasing in value on Wednesday, reversing three consecutive trading sessions of losses amid speculation that worldwide central banks might be poised to intervene to spur economies, Bloomberg reports. Read more
- Copper futures dragged down by poor Chinese data: [2013 Apr 23 07:26 AM] Underwhelming economic data released by China on Tuesday prompted copper futures to slump to their lowest price in 18 months, according to Reuters. Read more
- Copper futures pinched by concerns about reduced demand: [2013 Apr 22 06:20 AM] Reduced exports to the globe's largest consumer pulled down copper futures on Monday as preoccupations grow about a worldwide trend of sliming demand, Bloomberg reports. Read more
- Gold futures advance amid rising demand: [2013 Apr 18 06:11 AM] Speculation about increasing demand prompted gold futures to spurt higher in value on Thursday, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Copper futures benefit from increased Chinese purchases: [2013 Apr 16 03:41 AM] Increased amounts of acquisitions conducted by the globe's top consumer helped drive copper futures higher in value on commodity markets on Tuesday, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Copper futures dive after weak U.S., Chinese economic data: [2013 Apr 15 04:49 AM] Weak economic data released by the globe's two largest consumers pulled down copper futures on Monday, according to Reuters. Read more
- Gold futures enter bear market: [2013 Apr 12 07:52 AM] Investors' preference for the U.S. dollar pulled down gold futures on Friday as the precious metal dipped beneath the threshold price of $1,500 per troy ounce, according to Bloomberg. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY