dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Free eBook — Gold Exposed: Spot Gold versus Gold Futures
Are you interested in trading gold futures but unsure of how to start?
Register for our FREE guide, and learn the ins and outs of the gold markets that will help answer many of your trading questions.
Futures Market News
- Crude oil futures drop as dollar's strength grows: [2013 May 10 05:00 AM] The emboldened U.S. dollar pulled down West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures on Friday, as the world's reserve currency pushed to its top level in more than 14 days, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Loonie dives after release of weak labor report: [2013 May 10 04:33 AM] The Canadian dollar on Friday dropped to its week-low against the U.S. dollar after the nation released underwhelming job-creation data, Bloomberg reports. Read more
- Aussie's losses increasingly causing concern: [2013 May 10 02:17 AM] Friday saw the Australian dollar dive toward parity with the world's reserve currency for the first time since the beginning of the second half of last year as concerns about Australia's economy were gaining momentum, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Yen slumps against dollar, euro as data notes investors look abroad: [2013 May 10 01:52 AM] The Japanese yen fell to its four-plus year low on Friday against the U.S. dollar after the government of the Pacific Rim nation released data indicating domestic investors further developed holdings of international bonds, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Strong jobs data pushes up greenback against euro, yen: [2013 May 09 06:58 AM] Strong U.S. job market data pushed up the greenback on Thursday against the Japanese yen and the common currency of the European Union, providing a brighter outlook for prospects fo the world's largest economy, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Sugar futures pinched by bets for stronger sales: [2013 May 09 04:05 AM] Sugar futures were slipping on Thursday, dropping to their lowest level in about 90 days amid conjecture about increased sales from the globe's refiners, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Rand pinched by preference against South Africa, finance minister says: [2013 May 09 02:30 AM] The South African rand has been performing poorly because of strong manifestations of preferences against it and the monetary unit is weaker than it really should be, the nation's finance minister told Bloomberg news on Thursday. Read more
- Aussie, Kiwi surge after nations release strong jobs data: [2013 May 09 02:01 AM] Strong employment data released by both New Zealand and Australia prompted the South Pacific nations' monetary units to gain in value against the majority of their rivals on Thursday, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Copper futures climb with strong Chinese import, export data: [2013 May 08 06:07 AM] Active trade data from the globe's top consumer helped push copper futures to their top price in about 21 days on Wednesday, spurring speculation about a resumption of strong demand for the base metal, according to Reuters. Read more
- Crude oil futures advanced as Cushing supplies drop: [2013 May 08 05:09 AM] Economic data showing reductions to supplies in Oklahoma prompted West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures on Wednesday to increase in value, according to Bloomberg. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY