dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Euro/Dollar in a Time of Crisis
Sign up for our FREE report and gain insight about the current global crisis through our extensive research and analysis!
Download this exclusive report as we examine current global events, the present impacts on market prices and volatility, and potential outcomes of the Eurozone crisis.
Energy Futures - September 2011
- Crude oil futures gain following optimism spread by central bank: [2011 Sep 26 12:57 PM] Crude oil futures hovered around even after rebounding from their lowest value in seven weeks. Read more
- Crude oil falls amid concerns about state of global economy: [2011 Sep 23 03:08 PM] A commitment by Group of 20 nation leaders to confront risks dragged down oil futures to its lowest price in one-and-a-half months. Read more
- Oil futures drop as analysts point to weak stimulus plan: [2011 Sep 22 11:25 AM] Oil futures slipped to their lowest price in four weeks after the U.S. central bank noted the nation's economy is struggling. Read more
- Oil futures snap three days of losses: [2011 Sep 21 11:28 AM] Optimism about U.S. central bank policy makers effecting measures to spur the U.S. economy helped drive crude oil futures higher on Wednesday. Read more
- Libya prepares to resume oil shipping: [2011 Sep 15 12:32 PM] War-torn yet oil-rich Libya will revert to shipping crude oil by the end of the weekend. Read more
- Crude oil drops as economic data indicates slowdown: [2011 Sep 14 04:20 PM] The price of crude oil dropped Wednesday after the federal government indicated supplies of the energy commodity increased, demand for it fell and retail sales did not grow in the U.S. last month, which is the globe's top consumer of oil. Read more
- Debt crisis in euro zone likely to drive crude oil futures higher: [2011 Sep 13 10:37 AM] Inventories of crude oil are likely to drop for a second-straight week in the U.S., pushing up oil prices on Tuesday. Read more
- Uncertain economic future leads to drop in oil prices : [2011 Sep 09 04:08 PM] The price of oil dropped as the economic conditions in the U.S. and Europe worsened due to low levels of consumer confidence on both sides of the Atlantic. Read more
- Crude oil futures hover Thursday after strong performance on Wednesday: [2011 Sep 08 10:09 AM] The price of crude oil futures ebbed and flowed Thursday morning prior to the release of a government report indicating the inventory of U.S. supplies of the energy commodity is likely to fall. Read more
- Crude oil futures climb as tempest manifests in Gulf: [2011 Sep 07 12:49 PM] Inclement weather in the Gulf of Mexico posed the possibility of reducing production of crude oil, which helped push up prices on Wednesday. Read more
- Oil futures fall in response to disappointing jobless claims report: [2011 Sep 02 09:25 AM] Crude oil futures dropped in value on Friday morning after the August jobs indicated the U.S. economy did not augment the market with new jobs for the first time in one year. Read more
- Crude oil slides as thunderstorms hover, force crews from Gulf of Mexico: [2011 Sep 01 04:05 PM] Crude oil futures increased Thursday following oil companies ordering crews to evacuate rigs and platforms in the Gulf of Mexico as a storm system manifests and stands a likelihood of becoming a hurricane. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY