dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Receive Your FREE Grain Futures eBook
Download “Inside the Grain & Oilseed Markets” today!
Whether you are new to the agricultural commodities industry or a seasoned trader, it is important to have a solid understanding of the markets to assist you and your trading strategies. From its unique specifications to its key fundamentals, learn how this important sector came to be.
Energy Futures - May 2011
- Oil futures rise as Memorial Day, driving season approaches: [2011 May 24 07:55 AM] The dollar's reduction in value helped push up crude oil futures on Tuesday. Read more
- Crude oil futures slip amidst stockpile data: [2011 May 19 06:09 PM] Inventories of crude oil dropped more than expected as oil futures climbed Thursday. Read more
- Two commodities to watch are gold and oil, chief investor says: [2011 May 18 09:17 AM] The commodities market will rally again and follow the lead of gold and oil futures, according to the administrator of an investment house. Read more
- Brent crude oil futures, Canadian dollar slip in price: [2011 May 17 11:11 AM] Brent crude oil futures, the largest export of Canada, slipped in value as the Canadian dollar lost ground for a third straight day to its counterpart to the south. Read more
- Flooding Mississippi pushes down Brent crude oil futures: [2011 May 16 03:21 PM] Brent crude oil futures dropped in value Monday amidst worries about the overflowing Mississippi River inundating refineries. Read more
- Brent crude futures influenced by Energy Department report: [2011 May 10 12:46 PM] Brent crude oil futures slipped in value Tuesday amidst conjecture that stockpiles of the energy commodity are nearing their highest levels in 24 months. Read more
- BP agrees to $25m fine for 2006 spill of Brent crude oil in Alaska: [2011 May 05 11:31 AM] A subsidiary to British Petroleum in Alaska has agreed to more closely monitor and manage the integrity of its pipelines for corrosion as part of an agreement with the U.S. government following the 2006 spill of about 212,000 gallons of crude oil into waters of the northernmost U.S. state. Read more
- Brent crude futures slide in advance of Energy Department report: [2011 May 03 03:41 PM] Oil futures slipped amidst projections about a government report indicating inventories of U.S. crude oil inventories increasing. Read more
- In death, bin Laden drops Brent crude oil futures: [2011 May 02 12:01 PM] The violent death of the globe's most notorious terrorist pushed down Brent crude oil futures the most value in nearly 50 days. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY