dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Futures Traders’ Guide to the WASDE
Improve Your Understanding of the Grain Markets!
With this guide, you will learn how to use these fundamental reports to forecast the price of Corn, Soybeans and Wheat. Now that the markets are open during the release of the WASDE, understanding how this very important USDA report can impact the markets is as critical as ever.
Energy Futures - December 2011
- Production concerns at Petroplus drive up oil distillates: [2011 Dec 29 03:50 PM] Even as crude oil continues to climb in response to uncertainty around Iranian sanctions, the ongoing debt scourge in the euro zone could threaten production at the region's oil refineries, pushing up prices for refined products. Read more
- Oil spikes on threat to close Strait of Hormuz, though worries wane quickly: [2011 Dec 28 10:38 AM] Oil saw a brief spike on Wednesday, December 28, as Iran threatened to close down the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world's most vital oil passageways. Read more
- Economic data drives up crude oil futures: [2011 Dec 23 01:29 PM] The prospect of accelerating growth in the globe's biggest economy helped drive crude oil futures to their best weekly performance in eight weeks. Read more
- Crude oil futures climb amid slipping inventory: [2011 Dec 22 10:07 AM] Reductions to inventories of U.S. crude oil pushed up the value of the energy commodity on Thursday for a fourth consecutive trading session. Read more
- Oil futures advance amid uplifting economic data: [2011 Dec 20 03:06 PM] Economic data about housing starts in the U.S. helped push up the value of crude oil futures on Tuesday. Read more
- Oil futures' gains sustain loonie: [2011 Dec 19 03:49 PM] Increasing prices of crude oil futures helped the Canadian dollar's value remain even on Monday when held against the U.S. dollar. Read more
- Crude oils begin rebound after steep losses last week: [2011 Dec 19 07:11 AM] Monday saw crude oil futures recover from scraping prices near the lowest since early November. Read more
- Oil futures drop as euro debt scourge's appetite carries on: [2011 Dec 14 02:22 PM] The rapidly dropping value of the embattled common currency of the European Union helped pull down crude oil futures on Wednesday. Read more
- Oil futures slide as Moody's eyes European nations: [2011 Dec 12 03:46 PM] Preoccupations about the sovereign debt scourge pushing beyond the euro zone drew down the price of oil futures on Monday. Read more
- Draghi remarks pull down crude oil futures: [2011 Dec 08 11:29 AM] Crude oil futures dropped to their lowest price in one week of trading sessions after the president of the European Central Bank indicated the institution he leads will not drive purchases of government bonds to close the sovereign debt scourge. Read more
- Crude oil hovers amid debt scourge happenings: [2011 Dec 06 02:28 PM] The price of oil ebbed and flowed on Tuesday in response to a credit service noting it is poised to slash the European bailout fund's credit rating of debt. Read more
- Oil futures benefit from tensions over Iran's nuclear program: [2011 Dec 05 01:22 PM] Preoccupations about Middle East tensions imperiling supplies pushed up oil futures on Monday as the energy commodity climbed in value for the second consecutive trading session. Read more
- Iran's nuclear aspirations help drive oil futures: [2011 Dec 02 03:14 PM] Anticipation about an intensifying nuclear conflict between Iran and western powers helped drive crude oil futures to their highest value in two weeks. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY