dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: The Future of Natural Gas in the U.S.
Are you interested in the Energy futures market? Sign up and receive our detailed report today!
Through our exclusive research, you will have access to current global events and price projections that may help you learn how this particular market has the potential to be a strong investment as a commodity.
Energy Futures - August 2010
- Rising dollar, stalling recovery cut into crude oil futures: [2010 Aug 30 04:38 PM] Futures brokers and investors looked for safe havens on Monday morning, as the dollar rose amidst continued bad news about the economy. U.S. gross domestic product grew at an annual rate of just 1.6 percent in the second quarter, and personal disposable income fell. Read more
- Oil and gas find floor, for now: [2010 Aug 26 10:50 AM] Oil and gas prices appear to have found a floor for now after days of downward momentum spurred by disappointing economic news. Read more
- Economy takes toll on oil, gas futures: [2010 Aug 24 09:46 PM] Crude oil futures have been falling for nearly a week now due to concerns about the economy - something that has taken a toll on other commodity prices this week as well. Read more
- Crude oil futures flat to negative on Monday: [2010 Aug 16 02:19 PM] Crude oil futures dropped on Monday, as the last full week of August brought further depressing economic news. The Japanese economy grew by a far smaller amount than economists had projected in the second quarter, increasing just 0.4 percent instead of 2.3 percent. Read more
- Oil prices slump after OPEC projects low demand growth: [2010 Aug 13 03:17 PM] Prices at the pump may decline - or at least stay flat - for another year. OPEC said that the global economy is likely to slow its growth in the second half of 2010, leading to a decrease in projected oil consumption. The cartel said that consumption would rise by 1 million barrels per day, reported the Financial Times. Read more
- Crude oil futures climb, boosted by positive equities: [2010 Aug 09 01:41 PM] The dollar fell and the price of crude oil futures rose on Monday morning, as traders speculated that the U.S. economic recovery might be stronger than some anticipated, and that it could be further boosted by quantitative easing from the Federal Reserve. Read more
- Crude oil futures losing ground as recovery looks tenuous: [2010 Aug 04 10:16 AM] Crude oil futures, once again serving as a barometer for the general economic sentiment, were negative to flat on Wednesday morning, with West Texas Intermediate light, sweet crude oil futures positive by just 0.02 percent, and the Brent crude futures down about 0.2 percent to $82.52 per barrel. Read more
- Oil futures break above $81 per barrel on stock rally: [2010 Aug 02 01:38 PM] Rising equities, economic optimism and a falling dollar boosted the price of oil on Monday, pushing key futures contracts up as much as 3.5 percent. West Texas International light, sweet crude oil futures rose $2.46 to trade at $81.41 per barrel. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY