dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Wealth Empowerment Guide
Learn how to trade commodity futures and options using funds from an IRA or 401(k)!
Is your IRA parked in some mutual fund, going nowhere? Why not take control? Trade futures direct with a broker, trade online, and even invest in a managed account with a Commodity Trading Advisor. We are here to help!
Energy Futures - July 2010
- Crude oil tracks equities indexes upwards: [2010 Jul 29 02:28 PM] The price of crude oil futures rode a surge of positive sentiment in the equities markets higher on Thursday, with lower jobless claims and promising signals in the European economy. The dollar also fell as traders sought out riskier, higher-earning assets, pushing up dollar-priced oil. Read more
- Crude oil futures fall, while BP sees light at the end of the tunnel: [2010 Jul 21 01:41 PM] Crude oil futures fell on Wednesday, as a report from the Department of Energy showed that stockpiles of crude, gasoline and heating oil all increased in the week ending July 16. Read more
- China passes the U.S. as the world's biggest energy consumer: [2010 Jul 20 10:59 AM] In a shift that has major implications for industries around the world, China surpassed the U.S. in energy usage, according to an International Energy agency report. Part of the change is due to greater improvements in efficiency, but there is also the factor of population - per capita usage in China is still far lower than in the U.S., but with over four times the number of people, it adds up quickly. Read more
- Crude oil rises as investors return to trade: [2010 Jul 19 03:30 PM] Crude oil prices rose on Monday, reflecting a fall in the value of the dollar against the euro. In New York trading, the price of West Texas Intermediate light, sweet crude oil future gained .65 percent to $76.88 per barrel, although earlier in the day it traded as high as $78 per barrel. Read more
- Crude oil futures slip on weak economic data: [2010 Jul 16 04:20 PM] Disappointing data on employment and manufacturing, predictions from the IEA that oil consumption will fall and dollar fluctuations all pushed the price of crude oil futures down. Brent crude oil futures lost .99 percent to trade at $75.34, down 3.56 percent from a month ago. Read more
- Lloyd's of London issues dire peak oil warning: [2010 Jul 14 06:00 AM] One of London's oldest and most respected financial institutions projects "catastrophic consequences" if businesses fail to prepare for the phenomenon called peak oil. Along with the Royal Institute of International Affairs, also called Chatham House, Lloyd's of London issued a white paper entitled "Sustainable energy security: strategic risks and opportunities for business." Read more
- Crude oil rebounds from four-week low: [2010 Jul 07 05:28 PM] After a strongly positive day of trading in global equity markets, crude oil broke a seven-day losing streak as some signals pointed towards recovery in the U.S. economy. Read more
- Broiling summer brings surge in natural gas prices: [2010 Jul 07 10:02 AM] The price of natural gas futures soared on Tuesday as record high temperatures, as high as 103 degrees Fahrenheit, blasted the Northeastern United States. In addition, the beginning of hurricane season in the Gulf of Mexico raised concerns about natural gas supply. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY