dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Free eBook — Gold Exposed: Spot Gold versus Gold Futures
Are you interested in trading gold futures but unsure of how to start?
Register for our FREE guide, and learn the ins and outs of the gold markets that will help answer many of your trading questions.
Energy Futures - November 2010
- Energy futures rise after cold snap, U.S. retail: [2010 Nov 29 05:22 PM] The price of crude oil futures and natural gas futures gained on Monday, driven by a cold weekend that drove demand for heating fuel across much of Western Europe. Read more
- Rising commodity prices strain corporate supply chains: [2010 Nov 23 02:34 PM] The rising price of industrial and agricultural commodity futures is straining the ability of many firms to maintain their margins without raising prices. Read more
- Korean artillery exchange, Europe debt hit crude prices: [2010 Nov 23 11:01 AM] Crude oil futures declined Tuesday after North Korean artillery opened fire on the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong. Read more
- Crude oil futures decline as economy looks shaky: [2010 Nov 17 10:58 AM] Crude oil futures declined on Wednesday, reflecting nervousness about the state of the global economy. Read more
- Ireland and China put the brakes on commodity rally: [2010 Nov 16 05:30 PM] Global commodity futures markets experienced a major correction over the last five days of trading, as the bullish news from Benjamin Bernanke and the Federal Reserve gave way to much more bearish sentiment from the People's Bank of China and Ireland. Read more
- China rate speculation spooks commodity futures: [2010 Nov 12 10:38 AM] The Federal Reserve giveth, and the People's Bank of China taketh away. Read more
- Crude oil futures advance, pull back : [2010 Nov 11 01:14 PM] Crude oil futures rose on Thursday, but retreated from record highs near the $90-per-barrel mark. On the IntercontinentalExchange, Brent crude oil futures for December delivery rose 0.157 percent to $89.10 per barrel, after earlier moving past $89.60 per barrel. Read more
- Natural gas futures rise after cold snap hits Northeast: [2010 Nov 08 12:15 PM] A burst of cold weather across New England and much of the northeastern United States helped push natural gas futures above $4 per million British thermal units (BTUs). Read more
- JPMorgan, Merrill Lynch see $100 oil: [2010 Nov 04 02:07 PM] Consumers might want to stock up on fuel oil soon - analysts at Wall Street banks believe that oil futures might rise to over $100 per barrel for the first time since the credit crisis hit and wiped out asset classes across the board. Read more
- Quantitative easing arrives with whimper, not with a bang: [2010 Nov 03 02:31 PM] For months, every trade and every movement in commodities futures, stock index futures, bonds, currency futures and emerging markets has been tied by analysts and pundits to the arrival of quantitative easing. Read more
- Oil advances ahead of stimulus expectations: [2010 Nov 03 07:48 AM] Commodity futures brokers and traders anticipated Wednesday that U.S. Federal Reserve chairman Benjamin Bernanke would put pressure on the dollar and boost key commodities by buying hundreds of billions of dollars of bond. Read more
- Crude oil prices soar to two-week high: [2010 Nov 01 02:17 PM] The widening of Chinese manufacturing and anticipations of the Federal Reserve's technique to rouse the U.S. economy has pushed the price of crude oil to a two-week high. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY