dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Receive Your FREE Grain Futures eBook
Download “Inside the Grain & Oilseed Markets” today!
Whether you are new to the agricultural commodities industry or a seasoned trader, it is important to have a solid understanding of the markets to assist you and your trading strategies. From its unique specifications to its key fundamentals, learn how this important sector came to be.
Energy Futures - October 2010
- Crude discovery in Brazil could total $16 billion barrels: [2010 Oct 28 05:52 PM] The Libra oil field off of the coast of Brazil might well be the biggest new discovery of crude reserves in the Western Hemisphere in over three decades. Read more
- Crude oil rises, but volume is low: [2010 Oct 28 05:03 PM] Commodities markets waited with bated breath today for what one analyst called a "deluge of data." Read more
- What about the 'velocity of commodities?': [2010 Oct 25 04:28 PM] At The Source, the Wall Street Journal's economics blog, Alen Mattich raises the dicey question of whether commodities can hit a liquidity trap. Read more
- Mild weather and ample supplies weigh on gas futures: [2010 Oct 25 02:16 PM] Surprisingly mild weather across the United States through October, as well as steady rise in national inventories of natural gas, pushed futures contracts for the fuel to fresh lows, but prices later rose. Read more
- The global 'currency war': [2010 Oct 21 03:55 PM] There are shades of the 1930 Smoot-Hawley Tariff in today's debate over the global "currency war," as Brazilian finance minister Guido Mantega referred to the current state of affairs. Read more
- Crude rises, China rate sell-off looks like one-day phenomenon: [2010 Oct 20 03:34 PM] On Tuesday, China spooked the markets by announcing that it would raise its lending and deposit interest rates. Read more
- China rate move beats French strikes to push down crude futures: [2010 Oct 19 11:00 PM] Crude oil futures sold off on Tuesday after the Chinese central bank said that it would raise its lending and deposit rates and attempt to cut back on inflation in the world's second-largest economy. Read more
- Crude oil reacts to French rioting: [2010 Oct 18 05:52 PM] The continuing unrest in France, spurred by the threat of sweeping reforms of the national pension systems, has boosted crude oil futures as refineries and oil ports remain shut. Read more
- Dollar strength hits gold, crude - risk sentiment wanes: [2010 Oct 15 03:25 PM] The rising dollar battered the price of gold futures and crude oil futures, as investors chose to park their money in the greenback and Treasury bills rather than commodity futures. Read more
- Royal Dutch Shell sees gas potential: [2010 Oct 11 04:34 PM] Royal Dutch Shell - one of the world's largest energy companies - believes that natural gas will provide an important bridge between today's oil-dependent economy and a future dominated by renewable sources. Read more
- French port strike pushes crude oil over $82: [2010 Oct 08 11:09 AM] Crude oil futures jumped above the $82-per-barrel as commodity futures brokers and traders priced in a continuing strike at a French port, reports the Wall Street Journal. Read more
2013 MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2012 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2011 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN
2010 DEC NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY