dt Commodity News
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the commodity futures markets. Multiple new articles are posted each weekday. Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email, and receive real-time updates with our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading, become a fan on Facebook to stay informed.
SPECIAL OFFER: Free eBook — Gold Exposed: Spot Gold versus Gold Futures
Are you interested in trading gold futures but unsure of how to start?
Register for our FREE guide, and learn the ins and outs of the gold markets that will help answer many of your trading questions.
Futures Market News
- Crude oil futures drop as dollar's strength grows: The emboldened U.S. dollar pulled down West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures on Friday, as the world's reserve currency pushed to its top level in more than 14 days, according to Bloomberg. [Fri, May 10 05:00 AM] Read more
- Loonie dives after release of weak labor report: The Canadian dollar on Friday dropped to its week-low against the U.S. dollar after the nation released underwhelming job-creation data, Bloomberg reports. [Fri, May 10 04:33 AM] Read more
- Aussie's losses increasingly causing concern: Friday saw the Australian dollar dive toward parity with the world's reserve currency for the first time since the beginning of the second half of last year as concerns about Australia's economy were gaining momentum, according to Bloomberg. [Fri, May 10 02:17 AM] Read more
- Yen slumps against dollar, euro as data notes investors look abroad: The Japanese yen fell to its four-plus year low on Friday against the U.S. dollar after the government of the Pacific Rim nation released data indicating domestic investors further developed holdings of international bonds, according to Bloomberg. [Fri, May 10 01:52 AM] Read more
- Strong jobs data pushes up greenback against euro, yen: Strong U.S. job market data pushed up the greenback on Thursday against the Japanese yen and the common currency of the European Union, providing a brighter outlook for prospects fo the world's largest economy, according to Bloomberg. [Thu, May 09 06:58 AM] Read more
- Sugar futures pinched by bets for stronger sales: Sugar futures were slipping on Thursday, dropping to their lowest level in about 90 days amid conjecture about increased sales from the globe's refiners, according to Bloomberg. [Thu, May 09 04:05 AM] Read more
- Rand pinched by preference against South Africa, finance minister says: The South African rand has been performing poorly because of strong manifestations of preferences against it and the monetary unit is weaker than it really should be, the nation's finance minister told Bloomberg news on Thursday. [Thu, May 09 02:30 AM] Read more
- Aussie, Kiwi surge after nations release strong jobs data: Strong employment data released by both New Zealand and Australia prompted the South Pacific nations' monetary units to gain in value against the majority of their rivals on Thursday, according to Bloomberg. [Thu, May 09 02:01 AM] Read more
- Copper futures climb with strong Chinese import, export data: Active trade data from the globe's top consumer helped push copper futures to their top price in about 21 days on Wednesday, spurring speculation about a resumption of strong demand for the base metal, according to Reuters. [Wed, May 08 06:07 AM] Read more
- Crude oil futures advanced as Cushing supplies drop: Economic data showing reductions to supplies in Oklahoma prompted West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures on Wednesday to increase in value, according to Bloomberg. [Wed, May 08 05:09 AM] Read more
- Euro propelled higher by strong German data: Wednesday saw the shared currency of the European Union climb against the world's reserve currency following Germany's release of strong industrial production data, Reuters reports. [Wed, May 08 02:27 AM] Read more
- Strong import, export data pushes up yuan: The Chinese yuan pushed to its top level since 1994 on Wednesday against the world's reserve currency, benefitting from economic data released by the Asian nation stating exports exceeded forecasts issued by analysts, Bloomberg reports. [Wed, May 08 01:55 AM] Read more