SPECIAL OFFER: Tax-Advantaged Forex Investing
Did you know that you can invest individual retirement funds (IRA’s) into forex?
Have you been following forex and have the time to devote to trading, but lack the free funds to invest? Tax advantaged forex investing may be for you.
This moving average system by Chester W. Keltner consists of an n-day moving average of the “typical price” (sometimes referred to as “average price,” ((H+L+C)/3), plotted with a channel formed by adding and subtracting an n-bar moving average of the high-low range to or from the moving average of the typical price. Thus, the width of the channel adjusts to market volatility.
Period: The number of bars in a chart. If the chart displays daily data, then period denotes days; in weekly charts, the period will stand for weeks, and so on. The application uses a default of 10.
The study has two plots: a KCHigh and a KCLow.
The user parameter is the number of periods for the Moving Average of the Typical Price and the Moving Average of the High-Low Range (Period, default: 10)
- Calculate the Absolute High-Low Range: ABS( (H-L)/2 )
- Calculate the Typical Price. This is (High + Low + Close) / 3
Beginning with Period n bar:
- Calculate a simple moving average of the Typical Price (MATypicalPrice).
- Calculate the KCHigh: MATypicalPrice + MARange.
- Calculate the KCLow: MATypicalPrice - MARange.
Content Source: FutureSource