Futures Trading Education
Education can play a vital role in your success as a trader.
We place a high priority on trader education. And, as part of our commitment to excellence through execution, we provide a variety of educational tools to assist you in gaining an in-depth understanding of both the decision-making and the trade execution process involved in commodity trading.
Whether you are an experienced commodity trader or new to futures trading, we offer something for you in the comprehensive list of educational tools below.
SPECIAL OFFER: Insider Market Advisory FREE Trial
Information is power. Gain an edge with daily commodity futures market updates!
With your free trial membership, you’ll receive full access to trade analysis and recommendations for various markets, daily fundamental and technical market overviews, future price outlooks, and more!
- Futures Blog - The dt Futures Blog is a great place to learn about commodity futures trading and investing. Insightful educationally-focused articles on topics ranging from choosing a futures broker to commodities trading strategies and risk management are published frequently.
- Futures & Options 101 - If you’re a newcomer to the futures markets and want a quick introduction to futures and options, these lessons will get you started learning what you need to know.
- Futures and Options Strategy Guide - Using futures and options, whether separately or in combination, can offer countless trading opportunities. This guide provides 21 commodity trading strategies as a starting point.
- Technical Analysis Center - This comprehensive portion of our web site contains detailed explanations of the most widely used technical indicators. Over 31 techniques used by traders worldwide are defined.
- Key Market Report Definitions - Definitions of key financial/economic reports, metals market reports, energy market reports, grain/oilseed reports, livestock reports, softs reports and weather models.
- Commitment-of-Traders (COT) Reports Explanations - COT Reports are frequently referenced in market research and analysis, but how exactly can you use them in your trading?
- Exchange Publications - Exchanges provide valuable educational publications covering a wide range of commodity futures and options trading topics.
In addition to providing excellent educational resources, we have a great deal of experience supporting futures trading educators and their students. In the past, we have provided brokerage services to graduates of futures trading courses from Ken Roberts, Larry Williams, Don Fishback, Paul Judd, George Angell and George Fontanills, to name just a few.
dt Commodity News
- Crude oil futures drop as dollar's strength grows: The emboldened U.S. dollar pulled down West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures on Friday, as the world's reserve currency pushed to its top level in more than 14 days, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Loonie dives after release of weak labor report: The Canadian dollar on Friday dropped to its week-low against the U.S. dollar after the nation released underwhelming job-creation data, Bloomberg reports. Read more
- Aussie's losses increasingly causing concern: Friday saw the Australian dollar dive toward parity with the world's reserve currency for the first time since the beginning of the second half of last year as concerns about Australia's economy were gaining momentum, according to Bloomberg. Read more