Energy Futures Overview
Because developing countries, such as India, are rapidly evolving into a more technologically advanced society, the demand for the energy products to fuel such progress has rapidly shifted outward. Speculators and investors are becoming increasingly attracted to the multifunctionality of energy futures contracts.
SPECIAL OFFER: Free Energy Futures Report
Want Crude Oil, Gasoline, and Natural Gas Price Projections?
Along with your free Energy Information Administration report (EIA) by the Department of Energy, you will receive a complimentary two-week trial to our Insider Market Advisory (IMA)
- Crude Oil Futures - The two major types of crude oil that traders and speculators focus on today are Brent crude and West Texas Intermediate (WTI).
- Heating Oil Futures - The amount of trading options for heating oil gives traders the ability and flexibility to manage price risk.
- Gasoline RBOB Futures - RBOB has quickly grown in popularity with futures traders, and it has also has become the new benchmark gasoline contract.
- Natural Gas Futures - Although notoriously volatile in markets, natural gas has consistantly grown to nearly a third of world energy consumption over the past decade.
- Ethanol Futures - Ethanol's long-standing popularity as a feedstock, solvent, and liquour has kept traders and speculators interested in the energies markets for decades.
Energy Futures Market News
- Crude oil futures drop as dollar's strength grows: [May 10 05:00 AM] The emboldened U.S. dollar pulled down West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures on Friday, as the world's reserve currency pushed to its top level in more than 14 days, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Crude oil futures advanced as Cushing supplies drop: [May 08 05:09 AM] Economic data showing reductions to supplies in Oklahoma prompted West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures on Wednesday to increase in value, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Strong Saudi generation helps drive down WTI crude oil futures: [May 07 04:41 AM] Stronger production from the largest-generating nation of the Organizations of Petroleum Exporting Countries helped pull down West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures on Tuesday, as the energy commodity reversed course after four days of gains, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Crude oil futures slip as Syria endures strikes: [May 06 04:58 AM] Confidence about a constant, uninterrupted flow from the Middle East amid Syria enduring airstrikes prompted West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures to slip from their top value in one month on Monday, according to Bloomberg. Read more
- Strong U.S. jobs data pushes up crude oil futures: [May 03 06:23 AM] Crude oil futures were surging higher on Friday, propelled by confidence for increased demand for the energy commodity in the globe's top consumer after the release of stronger-than-expected labor market data, Bloomberg reports. Read more
|Energy Futures Quotes + Charts - Complete market data and enhanced features such as key technical numbers. Create your own Custom Quote Portfolio to enhance your energies trading experience.|
Energy Futures Market Commentary, Analysis and Trade Recs
Get IMA Daily Energy Futures Market Reports
With your free trial membership to the dt Insider Market Advisory (IMA), you'll receive full access to our exclusive trade recommendation service and all of the timely and accurate trade information you need to feel comfortable participating in the markets.
Follow our breaking news stories and get a unique take on current events that may impact the Energy Futures markets.
- Subscribe to our commodity news updates by email
- Receive real-time updates with our RSS feed
- Follow us on Twitter @DanielsTrading
- Become a fan on Facebook