This is a sample of Brian’s email newsletter, The Cullen Outlook.
This is from the Formation Finder portion from May 20th.
To gain access to these charts and all of the trade ideas in full…
sign up for a FREE 60 day trial.
There is a “HANGING MAN” in the July CRUDE OIL:
The mini contract is 1/2 the size of the standard contract…$500.00 per $1.00 move
The “HANGING MAN” Defined:
- This is a reversal candlestick.
- It is a Bearish Formation that forms at the end of an uptrend.
- It is the exact opposite of the Bullish Hammer formation that forms on the bottom of a downtrend.
- See the US Dollar Bullish Hammer from May 4th as an example of that set-up.
- The market opens, trades quite a bit lower but rallies into the close to settle at or near the open price .
- This is an early indication that sellers have entered the market. Or at the very least that buying momentum is decreasing.
- This candlestick gets more attention when the next day trading heads lower and closes below the Hanging Man’s lower wick. This “next day” is known as the confirmation candle.
- Look for the lower wick of the candle to be 2x the width of the body of the candle.
- There should be little to no upper wick indicating that the market failed to trade higher at any point in the day.
- It is important to note that this is NOT a sell signal, rather a heads-up to put this market on your radar to be ready.
Have a look:
Try Insider Market Advisory for 30 Days
Insider Market Advisory Trial - This premier trade advisory service is designed to provide you with the timely information your trading depends on. Each day, you'll get a concise snapshot, from both technical and fundamental perspectives, of all eight futures market sectors.
Insider Market Advisory includes access to premium web content.
Insider Market Advisory includes an email newsletter subscription.
Insider Market Advisory trial lasts 30 days.
Learn Futures Technical Analysis from a Pro with The Cullen Outlook
The Cullen Outlook is a futures trading newsletter for those wishing to follow the moves of Brian Cullen, an experienced technical trader. He’ll identify charts setups, provide direct trade recommendations and plans, and share other useful insights to help you become a better technical trader.
This material is conveyed as a solicitation for entering into a derivatives transaction.
This material has been prepared by a Daniels Trading broker who provides research market commentary and trade recommendations as part of his or her solicitation for accounts and solicitation for trades; however, Daniels Trading does not maintain a research department as defined in CFTC Rule 1.71. Daniels Trading, its principals, brokers and employees may trade in derivatives for their own accounts or for the accounts of others. Due to various factors (such as risk tolerance, margin requirements, trading objectives, short term vs. long term strategies, technical vs. fundamental market analysis, and other factors) such trading may result in the initiation or liquidation of positions that are different from or contrary to the opinions and recommendations contained therein.
Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance. The risk of loss in trading futures contracts or commodity options can be substantial, and therefore investors should understand the risks involved in taking leveraged positions and must assume responsibility for the risks associated with such investments and for their results.
You should carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances and financial resources. You should read the "risk disclosure" webpage accessed at www.DanielsTrading.com at the bottom of the homepage. Daniels Trading is not affiliated with nor does it endorse any trading system, newsletter or other similar service. Daniels Trading does not guarantee or verify any performance claims made by such systems or service.