Metal futures have a long-standing history of attracting everyone from banks to private individual traders. These contracts’ widespread popularity is a result of their usefulness in protecting buyers and sellers against price and volatility risk, as well as for allowing investors to pursue opportunities.
Metals Futures Markets
Metal News Articles
- Gold futures push to week highs (12/10/2013) - Gold futures were on the upward drive on Tuesday and taking silver futures along for the ride as the yellowish metal capitalized on losses to the U.S. dollar, according to Bloomberg.
- Gold futures cut into weekly losses (12/6/2013) - Gold futures were on the rise on Friday, representing a rare upward drive amid low confidence among gold bugs for bullion's prospects as the U.S. economy strengthens, according to Bloomberg.
- Gold futures hover near five-month lows (12/4/2013) - The U.S.' strengthening economy dragged down gold futures on Wednesday as the yellowish metal slumped to its lowest level in nearly five months, according to Bloomberg.
- Copper futures slide as tapering concerns grow (12/3/2013) - Indications about a growing U.S. economy prompted copper futures to lose value on Tuesday amid speculation that the U.S. Federal Reserve is set to reduce the amount of economy-spurring monetary stimulus measures, according to Bloomberg.
- Gold futures continue downward drive (11/21/2013) - Confidence about the U.S. Federal Reserve preparing to taper economy-spurring monetary stimulus measures pulled down gold futures on Thursday as silver futures tracked bullion's slump, according to Bloomberg.
- Gold futures hover as questions about stimulus persist (11/19/2013) - Reduced demand and questions about the status of economy-spurring stimulus measures in the U.S. prompted gold futures to ebb and flow on Tuesday, according to Bloomberg.
- Copper futures dip after China releases reforms (11/18/2013) - Copper futures were hovering near their lowest value in about 90 days on Monday after the globe's largest consumer of the base metal publicized economic and social reforms for the first time in nearly 30 years late last week, according to Reuters.
- Gold futures edge up after weak U.S. jobs data (11/14/2013) - Economic data about the labor market of the world's largest economy prompted gold futures to climb in value on Thursday, according to Bloomberg.
- Copper futures fall as concerns grow about China (11/13/2013) - Speculation about the U.S. Federal Reserve tapering monetary stimulus measures earlier than forecast prompted copper futures to drop to their lowest value in 90 days on Wednesday, according to Bloomberg.
- Gold futures slip as U.S. economy strengthens (11/12/2013) - Indications about the growing strength of the U.S. economy prompted gold futures to lose value for a fourth consecutive trading session on Tuesday, according to Bloomberg.