Swing Trader’s Insight
About Swing Trader’s Insight and Scott Hoffman
I began writing Swing Trader’s Insight in 2000. I wanted to create a futures cheat sheet for myself, so I would have something concise to refer when talking with clients about the futures markets. As time went on, I started sending this out to clients, so they could follow what I covered.
Swing Trader’s Insight is a set of a two broad pattern and indicator-based methodologies. The first set is designed to recognize and trade volatility breakouts, the second set are based off momentum and momentum reversals.
Swing Trader’s Insight consists of a number of parts:
- A nightly setup sheet that highlights setups for the following session, and gives times for reports and potentially market moving events for the following day.
- A morning “watch list” that highlights overnight developments and potential trades
- Trade and trade management updates, giving specific entry and exit prices, and then managing trades once entered.
- Chart example and analysis emails, to illustrate trading concepts.
- Frequent educational web seminars
Whether they’re novices or experienced traders, STI subscribers find the insights and analysis I provide to be an invaluable service for their trading.